Tuesday, September 06, 2005

This weekend

We're bringing our new puppy home soon, and I'm petrified. I visited him two weeks ago...adorable. He'll be the 2nd greatest dog to walk the face of the earth, I know it. Maybe even tied for first. I only hope he lives much longer than numero uno did.

Honestly, not knowing why our first Toller died is freaking me out. The emergency vet said with certainty "it wasn't parvo." She said "bring home your new puppy and enjoy him." Nevertheless, we've bleached the floors and removed the rugs and made most of the back yard off limits for the time being. That's the best we can do against the unknown thing. For all I know, there's something worse and more potent than parvo out there, and our dog caught it. Dang, I wish it we knew what it was. Then we'd know what else to do, where else to avoid. We'd know how to make this new relationship last the 15+ years we expected the last one to...

I love this picture. His breeder calls it "come get me, mom." Puppy, I'm on my way!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home