Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Recollections and updates

I haven't posted here in about four months for two reasons.

1. For the first two months I found it more fun to enjoy my dog, to appreciate him, and to spend time with him than to sit at my computer posting to our blog.

2. For the second two, we've been without him. Despite all that enjoyment, appreciation, time and LOVE, he died at only 18 months old. Not going to go into it here.

I'm back at this blog, now, because I wanted to share some of my favorite things about him. And I wanted to share a photo of the next one. Since May, life has been sad and empty, and now there's a little puppy about 10 hours (and eight weeks) away...

Anyway, some of those things I wanted to share, about what I loved so much: How he'd keep barking, even when I held his snout closed, and it would come out sounding like "mmmf." The way he instinctively knew how to do yoga. How being near us was even more important than eating, so we'd have to move his bowl into the dining room at dinnertime. The way the top of his heat nestled perfectly into the bottom of my chin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home